Equity Market Pulse - Quarterly Equity Market Insights: Q4 2014
Driven by S&P Capital IQ’s™ proprietary data and analytics, Equity Market Pulse provides professional investors with insights into global equity market fundamentals and performance at a glance. It provides perspective on valuations, operating efficiency, and investment strategy effectiveness.
Highlights of the issue include:
- The S&P 500 continues to be the preeminent regional performer in terms of both financial results and price appreciation.
- Investor preference for developed markets continues, as developed markets show rising P/E multiples versus the emerging markets on much stronger financial performance.
- Emerging markets appear cheap on a valuation-to-projected-growth basis, with forward P/E to earnings growth (PEG) ratios of less than half those of developed market average.
- S&P Capital IQ's factor Alpha Factor Library results show fundamental-based investment strategies consistently underperforming YTD.
- Japan is showing improvement in net profit margin growth and sales volume, as well as a decrease in stock price volatility.