In this issue of Deal Trends in Latin America, we explore transaction trends in the region as well as a deep dive assessment of deal activity in Mexico. We analyze the difference between public companies targets & buyers and private company targets & buyers, take at a deeper look at the Telecom sector, and review two case studies of Iusacell & FEMSA.
Report highlights include:
- Overall deal value decreased across the region on a last-12-months (LTM) basis
- Telecom deal volume increased by 62% as most sectors saw a decrease in overall deal volume
- Majority of deals across the region were intra-country; cross border activity in the region was spearheaded by Chile, Colombia, and Mexico
- Most frequent foreign investors were the United States, Spain and Canada with consumer discretionary, IT, and industrials sectors representing the majority of foreign investments
- In Mexico, approximately 90% of the buyers in each transaction are from the same sector of its target, which means consolidations among industries