Produced by the Knowledge Center, expert training from S&P Global Market Intelligence
Power Risk Analysis Workshop shows you how to create a comprehensive power risk methodology; one that addresses risk from the enterprise level all the way down to individual risks. You will learn how to make Value-at-Risk work in practice – how to design, implement and use scalable production Value-at-Risk measures. Real-world challenges are discussed as they relate to measurement and computation of energy-related uncertainty and risk.
What you'll learn:
In group exercises and case studies, you will examine best practices, identify key fundamental relationships and perform exercises to update models. Participants will also vet standard quant models and emergent techniques in risk mitigation and stress testing.
You will learn when and how to apply the appropriate calculation approaches for different applications and understand how the underlying statistics can make or break energy risk calculations.
This course presumes that participants are familiar with standard basic option pricing theory or risk modeling.
- Market risk managers
- Energy traders and managers
- End-users of derivatives in corporations
- Risk consultants
- Risk and audit committee members
- Finance department professionals
- Compliance managers
- Portfolio Analysts
- Financial Performance Analysts
- Market and Business Development
What others are saying:
"Very practical, with the right mix of theory."
– Risk Lead, an Electric Utility Company
"Models in Excel are very useful."
– Senior Associate, an international Renewable Energy Company
"Comprehensive. Helpful for a diverse group with unique situations."
– Power Analyst, an Electric Services Company