This three-day seminar provides the essential concepts from our two-day Statutory Accounting course and our two-day Financial Analysis course into one concentrated program. It is ideal for those who need to read, understand, and analyze property and casualty insurance statutory financial reports.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Industry overview: regulation, products, distribution, corporate structure and profitability
- Basic skills to perform analysis on financial strength of P&C insurance company
- Vertical analysis techniques for assessing Statutory and GAAP financial schedules
- Horizontal analysis for assessing results over time
- Benchmarking to track company's results against industry and regulatory standards
- Profitability measures, solvency requirements, financial ratio experience
|Kevin has spent his entire career in the insurance industry. Since 1996, he has worked as an independent consultant and instructor conducting in-house and open enrollment training for Wall Street and industry firms.
He has held positions as a SVP of an international insurance/reinsurance consulting firm, executive financial positions with holding companies and underwriting organizations, and as vice-president of reinsurance operations with a reinsurance intermediary.
His teaching experience includes being an adjunct instructor of accounting at Queens College, Rutgers University, and an instructor in P and C insurance accounting and annual statement preparation at the New York College of Insurance.
Kevin has an MBA in Corporate Finance from Rutgers University. He is a Fellow of the Life Management Institute (FLMI), and holds the Associate in Reinsurance (ARE), and Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF) designation from the Insurance Institute of America.
He is the author of the Reinsurance Accounting Chapter of the Strain Reinsurance Textbook and a contributing author to the NAIC Receiver's Handbook.